Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sometimes the truth hurts.

I went to Physical Therapy this morning in a lot of pain. I started on of my exercises and I said this hurts terrible. They repositioned the rubber band and I tried the exercise again. Once again, I said that this hurt me a whole bunch. They then assessed my shoulder and said "Wow, your bicep's tendon is greatly inflammed and there is probably some bursitis in it. Has it been this way for a long time?" How would I know??? I have been telling them exactly where I hurt for weeks. Today my pain was much worse. Actually it has been much worse after grocery shopping and pushing the cart on Sunday. Other than my normal daily activities of the care of two young boys and doing my normal daily activities at home, I have done nothing any different. Then the Physical Therapist assistant proceeded to call another PTA over to feel my shoulder and then the PT. Each and every person that felt this area was amazed that I wasn't complaining more. At this point, I was told that this was my 9 visit and nothing is helping, so they are kicking me out of physical therapy again. They were going to send a note to Dr. Jones and tell him that this is not helping. I go to see him tomorrow. I am not sure what he will do. I was suppose to do work hardening where you strengthen all your muscles so you don't use the injured area as much, I never made it to work hardening because I never got my pain better only worse. I told them I'd see them again and then they all said "Yeah, sooner or later."

The boys both go to the doctor tomorrow for check-ups. Will let you know how they are growing tomorrow and will update you on the shoulder tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe this is still going on with your shoulder! I hope that you get some answers quick and can enjoy pushing your kids in a shopping cart again. It seems so crazy that you are in this much pain and you are getting the run around!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the shoulder doctor tomorrow.

AB