Sunday, July 13, 2008

Growing Watermelon

Growing watermelon is very interesting work. You see they start out as small plants and they get very long and they bloom a ton and you think that you have no watermelon. Then one day the man of the house threatens to tear down the plants because they have covered the walk way. So the woman of the house goes out and finds watermelon. Then she watches the few watermelon and then goes digging and finds more. The neighbors may love us. We might be able to share a lot with the neighbors. I counted 11 today. We might have to bring some watermelon to Ohio. If they hurry up and grow which I can see them get bigger everyday.

This is the watermelon patch
This is the biggest watermelon we have growing.

The gardener and his watermelon.
Today we went to Publix. I am really enjoying Publix and don't mind driving to Gulf Breeze once a week to get groceries. I really like the meat selection and the organic selection. We do try to get organic when we can. I guess that is why we have taken up gardening and raising watermelon. Today I got some ice cream cake which Luke loves. I ask Luke if the cake was good and he shook his head yes. Then I said "Yeah, I like it too!" He shook his head no and said "No!No!No!" Apparently, I am not allowed to like ice cream cake.
Don't touch my cake!!! If you want some get your Mommy to get you some.
We had our evening walk after dinner tonight. It was nice. We were able to get out after it rained and the weather was delightful. After our evening walk Luke went straight to bed. He loves a good walk. He did have his bath after dinner, but before our walk.

No comments: