Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shot Please!!!

So I met Dr. De Jong today. He is an orthopedic surgeon. The first thing he discussed was that he wants to get me feeling a lot better. I got my third cortisone injection. He gave it to me in a completely different spot and I knew right away that he hit the right spot. It hurt instantly and by the time I got to my car my shoulder felt better than it has in months thanks to the numbing stuff. Then we also discussed my options that I am to think about. He feels that since I am so young and have had such a problem for so long that I was going to have problems with this shoulder no matter what. He feels that I have a bone spur that is causing me much problems. He said it has probably been there for awhile and with the trauma has really started to cause me pain. He talked like no matter what at some point this shoulder was going to cause pain for me. He said he feels if I choose to not have surgery that I am looking at this bone spur rubbing over the rotator cuff and eventually causing a complete tear of the rotator cuff. So I am to be thinking about this surgery and then on August 19th we will discuss more of it. For some reason, he said he'd be getting good information by injecting the area. He said in 95% of the cases if he injects it and then does surgery and can fix the problem completely. I am praying that I can be in the 95%. He said that we would be in no rush for surgery, but he did feel that was my best option. So I have thought about it and well, I want to do the surgery.

No comments: