Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Preschool

I said I'd never send Joey to preschool yet I am. While Joey was in speech that is one of the things that the speech therapist and teachers at the school kept telling me might help. They thought if he was around other kids his speech might improve. Our pediatrician also mentioned that she thought his speech might improve with interaction with other kids. Then I had to sit down and weigh the benefits. I finally decided if I could get him in a really good Pre-K then I'd send him. In Florida there are tons of free pre-k programs. Most of them are at churches or daycares. The better programs fill up first. I knew Joey would love it, but I knew I'd miss him. Then I thought it would give me some time with just Luke and that will be nice.

Now I have wanted to send Joey to VBS for a long while, but our church doesn't offer anything like that. I was happy to sign him up at St. Paul's. I think he'll really enjoy it and it will give him a week to sort of see what school will be like.

Luke is just exploding with speech. Everyday he says something new. The other day he was finished eating dinner and so he ran to the bathroom to get his bath. We weren't ready for that yet, so he banged on the door yelling "Bath!" Then he ran to his daddy and said "Come, my bath!" Last night he came up to me and smiled and said "DinDin" for dinner, so I had to go get cooking.

No comments: