Friday, April 18, 2008

Crazy few days

Wednesday night Joey woke up complaining of his legs hurting him. He screamed and cried and it was terrible. He gets growing pains that seem very painful for him. I thought that this was all it was. He woke up moaning and crying a few more times. Thursday morning he screamed for me and said he wanted to go to the living room I told him to come on. He informed me that his legs hurt to bad and he couldn't walk. This continued for awhile. I tried to stand him up and his knees were bent. If I tried to straighten them he screamed. I put him in a warm bath. Afterwards he started walking a very little. He said his legs were sore and then he started to complain of sternal pain. I dropped Luke off at the babysitter and then talk to Kev. Kev left work and when he came home Joey sat on his lap not moving at all for 30 minutes. He had no fever, just this pain. Well we waited until Dr. Grier's office opened at noon and took him at 12:30. As soon as I got the appointment, he said his pain stopped. Dr. Grier checked him out and wasn't really sure what was going on. She said if it happens again this severe then she'd check him for arthritis and run some other labs.

He got up this morning and was fine. He slept all night, but he was given Motrin at bedtime. He isn't compaining of any pain today. He is running and jumping and his normal self.

Luke is just happy to sing IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT, he now sings "Hooray"!

I must work tonight. I am still tired and don't want to go, but I will make it.

1 comment:

2003beachbunch said...

How scary Andrea! I hope that it doesn't happen again. Hope your shift goes well.