Monday, March 17, 2008

Butterflies and Frogs

We got Joey a butterfly kit for his birthday. With that you got a coupon to mail in and you get 5 catapillars mailed to you. They came over the weekend. So we are learning all about Painted Lady Butterflies. Joey is really enjoying watching the catapillars. We are hoping that they will turn into butterflies. He wants them to be orange.


Since this is the finished product I think he will be happy.

We had a tadpole kit also. We mailed the card and received a tadpole in the mail. Within 48 hours, the tadpole was dead. Rett (the babysitter's son) also got one of these kits and his dad thought he'd get 50 tadpoles. I told him that he'd get one. So he says he is going to go up north and catch a bunch and he'll give us some.


Joey really enjoys learning all about animals and life. He thinks this is really cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know about the butterflies. I wanted to get them for Chris last summer but I thought he might be too young.

My friend got the kit for her kid and all the caterpillars turned into butterflies! Good luck!

Amy said...

William was just talking about those kits too!
Hunter hates butterflies and leaves the room if they're on tv!

2003beachbunch said...

Let me know how the butterflies turn out. What a neat idea!