Today my job was to help the kids do a very basic math computer game. I helped by putting their school number in and getting it set up with the math program. A lot of these kids had never used a computer before or very limited use. They were to do matching of things. The first group I did took no time at all and I thought this is so easy. The next group was a little slower. The last group was Joey and these two other little boys. Joey did what he was suppose to do with little to no help. The other boys were so nice to me, but I must have explained to them 10 times how to use the mouse. One of them got kicked off the computer because he kept hitting a button and making the computer do all sorts of weird things. Mrs. Enfinger runs a very tight ship, but the kids love her. While I did this she worked in reading groups. The yellows were with her they were suppose to find the letters in their name, this was difficult for the yellows. I heard her say to one kid "What letter does your name start with? We go over this everyday. I just want you to remember that one letter right now!" This kid has never been to school, so Joey tells me.
Joey told me today that he thinks that the kids in kindergarten are nicer than the kids at pre school.
No comments:
Post a Comment