I should be asleep right now, but the doctor's office woke me up. Wednesday when I picked Joey up from school he said that his left ear hurts. He never has an earache even when it is terrible. So I knew that I couldn't get him into see Dr. Grier that day, so I took him to Urgent Care. This was a waste of my time and my money. The PA that saw him wasn't impressed and told me that it wasn't bad at all. She said it was red, but not over the entire eardrum. She told me that he would not require antibiotics and he would just get over it. She did give me a prescription for an antibiotic that doesn't help him at all, I told her that it would not help him. She told me, well this is what I like to order. She told me not to fill the antibiotic unless he got much sicker. That evening he had a rough time, his ear really hurt him. He even woke up in the middle of the night. Thursday morning came and he wanted to go to school. I sent him, but gave him Motrin first. When I walked him back to school he ask me to call Dr. Grier's office so she could see him. Called got him an appointment with Dr. Rinney, Dr. Grier is on maternity leave. Dr. Rinney was told about the ear and taking him to Urgent Care. He looked and said that his ear was bright red and bulging. He said that I should not take him to Urgent Care, just bring him to the office, because he got poor care there. He then ordered an antibiotic, told me to use numbing ear drops and motrin for pain. He decided that he needs to see an allergist. He says he has the classic look of an allergy kid. He says if the allergist can't figure out something then he might need to go back to the ENT. So Wednesday Joey is going to the allergist.
Yesterday Aaron and Jenny welcomed Nathan Henry into the world. Congrats to them. I wish I could hold him. I am really good at holding boys. I can't wait to meet Nathan, I just don't know when it will be.
Yesterday we also went to open house at Joey's school. He showed us all around. Luke decided that he wants to go to Sherwood and be in Mrs. Enfinger's class. Mrs. Enfinger had donuts, so I think Luke thinks that Joey just eats donuts and plays with a kitchen set all day long. Joey took us to the Art room and Luke kept screaming, "I want to do Art!"
Today I booked the Disney Trip. We are going the week of Disney, the 1st part of the week. I am so excited to watch the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment