Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This has been a very long day
I decided last night if my head was no better this morning, I would go to the doctor. So Kev woke me up at 6am and my head was pounding. He gave me some medicine. I was thankful that the boys slept till 7:15. I got up with them and called the babysitter. Got everyone ready. At 8:05 I called my family doctor. He had no openings for today. My options were to wait and see if someone cancelled or take an appointment for tomorrow or go to Urgent Care. I decided to go to Urgent Care. I was sure it would be an in and out sort of thing. Well I was part right, I went in and the Nurse Practitioner talked to me and decided I needed a CT scan of the head. According to her, my insurance wouldn't cover it if she sent me, but would if I went to the ER. She recommended I go to the ER in Gulf Breeze, it would take less time. I got in my car and headed to Gulf Breeze. I waited and waited and finally saw someone at Gulf Breeze. She really checked me out. In fact, I don't think I have had a physician check me out this well in years. She said she truly saw no reason to do a CT scan. She told me that neurologically I was intact, I just had a terrible headache. She recommended a liter of IV fluids, morphine for my headache and zofran for my nausea. I ended up getting 2 shots of morphine. In the middle of all of this, I had to get a hold of Kevin to get Joey and then to come get me. I ended up leaving the ER at 3:30 today. Basically, all we found out is that I had a migraine. We aren't sure what caused this. If I am not any better then I have to go to my family doctor and be referred to a neurologist for the headache workup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment