1.) Eating breakfast is very important. He said he was about to starve by lunch time. He ate a bowl of cereal yesterday and this morning a waffle and three pieces of bacon and orange juice.
2.) Recess is amazing.
3.) That some kids don't listen.
4.) That he really enjoys it.
Things I learned
1.) I have to really encourage Joey to eat more for breakfast. A bowl of cereal isn't going to cut it right now.
2.) If I didn't walk him back there, he'd forget what he was doing and might forget to go to school. He is easily distracted by feathers, sticks, rocks.
3.) The people driving cars are fools and neither one of the boys will ever be old enough to walk back there alone.
4.) Even though I was able to get myself to my classroom without help in kindergarten I think it is to much to ask these little kids. The difference is I went to a place with just kindergartners and Joey's classroom is in the back of the school.
5.) I have to be super organized.
3 comments:
Breakfast is a huge meal at our house. I ended up making a menu for certain days. I do not want to be a short order cook. People have no respect for school zones or bus stops. They buzz on through. They know there are only so many cops. We even had crossing guard get hit and die and still noone cares. We have to walk Hayden to the bus stop and he is almost 12! I have come to the conclusion that there will always be "that" kid in class every year. The one that does not listen, consumes all the teachers time and annoys my kids. I finally have just told the kids there will always be one and DO NOT ever act like that:). I am so glad Joey had a first day! Good first experience will make the whole year easier!
Breakfast has always been a huge meal in our house. On a typical morning the boys will have a cereal bar, cereal, yogurt and oatmeal. It is crazy. However, I can not guarantee any other meals.
the thought of the kids walking alone is enough to send me into a full blown panic attack!
Post a Comment