Last night was the street party to celebrate 450 years of Pensacola. This is the final event to celebrate the 450th. I am sort of sad about that. We have got to see and do so much for it. Well the celebration started about 5pm. We got down there a little past 5pm. We walked around and signed the World's Largest Birthday card. Joey signed his name backwards, he hasn't done that in a long time. He also was a great big brother and signed Luke's name.
The worst part was the meal. They got local chef's that are from the best restaurants in Pensacola to fix Spanish food. I have decided that the Spanish left Spain in search of something to eat. The boys were right on they got hotdogs and chips.
The Washington High school drum line came and Joey wants a drum set for Christmas now. The Florida A&M band came and they are amazing.
We made it to see one of the most awesome firework displays ever. Everyone had a wonderful time. Both boys had no problems getting to sleep. When I carried Joey into his room he looked up at me and said "That was a perfect birthday celebration for the Earth!" I corrected him and in a soft whisper he said "I meant Pensacola!"
Sir Joey
This might be the orneriest knight ever

Joey signing Luke's name for him.
The Turner's say Happy Birthday to Pensacola
I hope I can sign an even bigger card in 50 years.
Elvis even came to celebrate
Waiting on the Florida A&M rattlers
Long live Spain
The Rattlers, they were awesome
The Fireman let Joey put his gear on
Heading back down to the park, to play and listen to music.

Daddy and Luke trying to stay awake for fireworks.
Luke has plenty of energy
Joey was practicing his cartwheels. Every minute or so he ask "Have I missed the fireworks?"
Luke giving me some love
The fireworks!!!
1 comment:
So that is where Elvis lives! Cute pics! Looks like a great family day!
Post a Comment