Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My baby is growing up

Today is the big day. I went to Koala Mattress and bought Luke his very own big boy mattress. Now we had to move Joey by this age, because he was trying to climb out of his bed and I feared he was going to fall out and hit his head. Luke is a way worse climber, but has never tried to climb out only in. We decided to move him out of his crib because of my shoulder.
Sunday we took him to Target and he picked out his bedspread. He made it very clear that he liked the one with balls on it and the sports theme. So we got that for him.
When Kev got home he went up to Koala Mattress and picked up the mattress that I had purchased earlier. After we ate we started converting the room over to a big boy room. We first took down the crib. This made me a little sad, it has been up in our house for 6 years. We had it down for a little while between Joey and Luke, but we knew it would be used again.
Then we got the new mattress in and ready for Luke. Luke was super duper excited about this. As soon as his bed was ready he got on it.
Now it is going pretty well. It is 8:23 and he isn't asleep yet, but he hasn't been crying or anything like that. We have learned that he is way quieter than Joey was. He can play in his room very quietly.
This bed is all mine
I must check it all out.

I love this bed

Ready for a Good Night's sleep.

I get my own pillow!!!

3 comments:

2003beachbunch said...

It's so bittersweet moving them into their big bed and room isn't it! Looks like things went really well though :-)

Anonymous said...

We turned Annie's crib into a day bed the other month. When the time comes, we can turn the day bed into a big girl bed.

Turner Family said...

We put the box springs and mattress on the floor with Joey also. Then we are getting the other bed that belonged to Kevin's grandfather. Kev is going to refinish it for Luke like he did for Joey. Kev and his brother also used these beds. With the tile floors we just didn't feel that he was ready for anything more and I am to cheap to spend my money on a toddler bed.