Today was our 9th year wedding anniversary. I can't believe I have been married that long, but I can hardly remember my time without Kevin. It has been both the greatest time of my life and the hardest time of my life all in one. We have been through the loss of Thomas which many thought would be the end of our marriage. Of course, we worked through that. We did what we always do, we relied on each other. When we went to Salt Lake City for the Olympics we had been married not 2 years, we stayed with Kevin's Aunt Tricia and she said that we would have to rely on each more because we lived so far away from the rest of the family. At the time, I didn't really understand what she meant. Since that time, I have learned exactly what she meant. I have learned that most anything I need or the boys need Kev will be there for us and I hope he feels the same way about me. We have experienced the joy of having the greatest two boys ever Joey and Luke.
Today we celebrated 9 years not the way that most people would celebrate. Of course, we aren't most people. So we loaded up the boys and took them out on the boat almost all day long. Then Joey had tae kwon do. We came home ate dinner at home. We took are evening walk and did sparklers. That is the way everyone should celebrate an anniversary. (We also saw dolphins all over the place today, I have never seen Dolphin from the boat in Pensacola.)
The boys getting ready for our boating adventure
Joey took this of the sailboats.
Kev and Joey at Flounders
The boys and I being silly.
Kev and I at the boat dock at Flounders. We were looking a little better 9 years ago, but I think we were just as happy.
2 comments:
so glad that you had a great anniversary! hope there are many more to come!
LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment