Saturday, June 6, 2009

They amaze me daily

At age 5 before going to kindergarden, Joey is starting to read words.  He can write all his letters and if he wants to write a word, he can sometimes sound it out to figure out what letters he wants to put in it.  If he can't figure out the letters by sounding it out, I can tell him the letter and he can simply write it.  He can do addition and subtraction like 2+2=4, 2+4=6, 8-2=6.  He can do this in word problems or just being asked.  He knows that Pensacola is 450 years old and that it is one of the oldest cities in the country.  I sometimes think we expect to much from him, but then he will tell me things that he knows and is learning everyday.

Luke is no different.  Joey was just starting to talk at Luke's age, because of all the ear infections. Luke, on the other hand, is mastering the art of talking.  He can count to 5.  Sometimes when Joey is talking about letters he will tell me the next letter.  He is ornery as can be and you think he isn't paying attention, but he knows exactly what is going on.   He is interested in cars, trucks, airplanes, boats, motorcycles, bikes, and balls.

I have been so blessed to have 2 very smart boys.  All ready I can see that things that come easy to Joey won't come as easy to Luke and vice versa.  Joey can swim right now, but he is afraid.  So he wears a float.  Luke is a natural swimmer, he has no fear and he can just swim.  Kev isn't a comfortable swimmer so he doesn't feel comfortable take Luke out of a float.  I have and he swims.  

No comments: