Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Gulf Coast Martial Arts Tournament



Yesterday, Joey competed in his first taekwondo tournament.  I had to work, so I wasn't able to go.  Kev got a babysitter for Luke and took Joey.  Joey had a great time.  Kev is super proud of his boy and was so happy that he got to go with him.

Joey helping getting things ready.

Kev and Joey
They are so silly
Practicing his form.

Patrick and Joey, they are great friends.
Ryan Ferguson giving Patrick and Joey a few words of encouragement.
Joey getting ready to do his form
Joey ready to spar.
All the 4-6 year olds got medals, as you can see this made Joey very proud.


3 comments:

Jill Ann said...

I bet he is still wearing that medal!!:) Great job on his first tournament. Enjoy! I am starting to miss karate tournaments. I cannot believe I am saying that!

Turner Family said...

You could say that. He has already decided that he will take it to school tomorrow for show and tell.

2003beachbunch said...

Go Joey! He looks so cute with the helmet and gloves on!