Friday, September 12, 2008

September 12

September 12 will always be a sad day for us, but we try to make it the best day we can. Six years ago today, Thomas Robert was lost. He instead of becoming the sweet baby that we had hoped and prayed for became the angel that looks over us. I have told some of you that when I see a Rainbow that I think of Thomas, we like to call him our Rainbow Maker. Well this morning when I was getting off work and driving home, I saw a bright big beautiful rainbow and I knew that he was thinking of me today also. He is getting much better at making Rainbows.

At 10:15 this morning I had another appointment with Dr. DeJong. I went back early because I wasn't getting relief. Kev wanted to go also, because he didn't want to be by himself today. Dr. DeJong said that we would try another cortisone injection, if in 7-10 days I still don't get relief I am to switch from Celebrex to Mobic. I go back at the beginning of October. He says that if I am still not getting relief then it is surgery. Kev didn't expect this, but after listening to him talk, he said that he trusts my doctor and knows why I do also.

After the appointment we went home and I slept. Then about 3:30 I got up and we went out to the beach. I thought it might be neat for the boys to see the big waves and I do mean big waves from the Hurricane.


Walking along the beach with Daddy

The Family almost blowing away in the wind

It is fun to play out here
We decided to grab some dinner at Hooter's. Joey danced and danced having the best time. Luke flirted a little.
Luke found these girls and they wanted to get their picture with him. Joey was allowed also.
The boys and some Hooter Chics.Real Mean eat hotdogs.Then we headed home for some cake. Joey says that you can't celebrate a birthday without a cake, so we got cake. Then Joey wouldn't eat the cake, but Luke sure would.
This is a great day, Hotdogs and Cake!!!

What more could a guy want???

Just my Joey



1 comment:

2003beachbunch said...

Our thoughts and prayers were with you yesterday. Sorry I couldn't hold out until the 12th! I am so happy that Thomas gave you a rainbow & that your family was able to be together with that little angel looking over you!