Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ugh!!!

So this last week has been completely crazy. Late afternoon on Monday I started feeling bad and knew I had a UTI. So after eating dinner I went to Urgent Care. I tried to explain the the doctor that I usually don't get simple UTI's, but he told be we caught this one rather early and all would be fine with a 3 day supply of Levaquin. He also put me on this medication called UTA which was suppose to help with pain, it also turns your pee blue/green. I knew I shouldn't take the UTA, but I hurt pretty bad and needed to feel better. I took everything he gave me and Wednesday morning woke up still feeling bad, went to my family doctor and since I took the UTA and my pee was still blue they couldn't test it. Now I am on Cipro 500 mg twice a day for 7 days. If I am no better by tomorrow I am to return to the doctor to give a urine sample. During the waking hours I think I am better, but I suck down water. When I have been asleep during the night or day in my case, I don't get any water and then when I get up I am hurting some over my right kidney. So we will see what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

2003beachbunch said...

Oh No Andrea!How horrible :-( I hope that you are feeling better on the cipro! When will those silly doctors learn to listen to the patient?