Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Growing like a weed

Took Joey to the doctor for his check up. He is growing like a week. Last year he weighed 33 pounds and was 42 1/2 inches tall. This year he weighs 36 1/2 pounds and is 44 inches tall. Of course, they reminded me he is on the small size. Come on people he gained 3 1/2 pounds and 1 1/2 inches. That is a huge growth spurt for Joey. He is in the 5th percentile for weight and 25th for height.
The big shocker was that he didn't do so hot on his eye exam. They got 50/20 in the left eye and 25/20 in the right eye. Since he was greater than 40, they recommended he be evaluated further. I came home and called Luke's eye doctor. Dr. Redmond is busy and I wouldn't be able to get him in with him until the end of March, but he has a new partner. So Joey will go see Dr. Connors on January 25th. I figure it is better to take him to a pediatric opthamologist than anyone else.
Everything else checked out fine.

1 comment:

Beth said...

When Chris had his eye site checked at the doctors they told me I should think about taking him to an Ophthalmologist since he couldn't see the lines on the chart they wanted him too. I then asked them if it could have anything to do with the lights being OFF! They haven't said anything to me again about it.

I hope it turns out good for Joey. Does anyone in the family wear glasses?