Saturday, January 10, 2009

can't believe it


i have next to no pain now.  my arm gets tired of being in the sling.  if i move the shoulder wrong i know it, but i have much less pain now than i have in a year.  last night i went to bed at 9 and slept till 9:30 this morning.  i took a nap today.  i can get comfortable in bed and sleep.  i haven't taken much pain medicine at all.  i just seem tired now, i think i am making up for a years worth of sleepless nights.
the boys are getting restless, they are missing having just me and kev around.  joey is ready to send my mom home and she understands.  of course, i can't drive yet and i might just fall asleep while watching the boys.  joey says it will be nice when i don't complain about my shoulder anymore. 
yesterday i took the best shower of my lifetime.  it felt really good to get in the water and almost took another one last night, but couldn't keep my eyes open for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
I hope you have a speedy recovery!!
I'm also glad to hear that it wasn't the rotator cuff that was causing so much pain.
I had my TKA on Dec 11. (more painful than I expected) I'm going to PT now for rehab. I'm officially on disability until 3/11 but hope not to be quite that long?!!
Take care and get some good R&R time
Hugs,
Bobbie