Friday, December 12, 2008

Pretending

They say that pretending is good for kids.  Joey is excellent at it, he pretends all the time.  That is one thing that his teachers always remind me.  I guess I wasn't thinking that Luke was that good. Well  yesterday, he found one of Kev's shirts, he brought it to me and said "Dad's shirt, me."  I helped him put it on and he walked around all dressed up like Kev.  I kept referring to him as Dad and he thought it was great.
It made me thinking about Luke and his play.  He pretends all the time.  I just wasn't giving him credit for it.  He got tools for his birthday, he pretends to fix things all the time.  He pretends to sneeze when he empties pretend pepper on his hand and then smells it.   He pretends to sleep when he puts his head on a pillow.

No comments: