This morning after work, I headed to Joey's school to help make breakfast for the breakfast with Santa. The boys made it there a little after 8:30. We made them eat first because I knew we would never get them to eat if they talked to Santa. They had tator tots, sausages, fruit, and yogurt. Luke would take a bite and say "Santa! Done!" and try to get up. After they ate they did an art project. Luke was in a big hurry, he wasn't really enjoying the silly ornament making. He was there for one thing and it was for seeing the old man. Over the last few days, I have ask him many times if he was going to sit on Santa's lap and every time he'd say "No!" Well when it was the boys' turn he went running up and climbed on Santa's lap. He was completely amazed by Santa. Santa said "Well come on up here Joey!"
Now a few weeks ago we went to the tree lighting ceremony at Sacred Heart. They had told that Santa would be there. So we went and I kid you not, Santa Claus was a woman. Joey wasn't fooled at all. She spoke and Joey got a disappointed look on his face. Kev immediately pulled him aside and told him that sometimes Santa needs help this time a year. Well Joey has figured it out and he knows that it was Mrs. Claus helping Santa Claus out that day. I was worried after this day that Santa would be ruined for him at age 4. Today at 4 year old school, Joey's faith in Santa was restored. He has been talking about his visit with Santa all morning long. He told me that he was wearing Santa's favorite color and it is red.
We will get pictures later in the week at 4 year old school.
No comments:
Post a Comment