Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sad


These last few weeks have been really sad for us. The beach that we love so much, maybe ruined from a massive oil spoil in the Gulf of Mexico. It is funny, because I never realized how much I loved it until I knew it might be ruined. It is more than my home, it is more importantly a home to so many animals. I never considered myself an animal lover like some people I know, but I appreciate animals more than I knew. I am a nature lover, thus all the hiking we do. I like to get outside and see the world that is alive. When you get out there, away from the hustle and bustle of our busy life, there is so much more life out there. For the most part, the animals don't need us to live life. They for sure don't need oil or heat or electric and you know what they do just fine on their own. So once again, we humans, people that think of themselves as the superior creature, we are ruining things. I pray that it won't be as bad as I think. I am sure that this will always be an important part of Joey's life. I have a feeling that this oil spoil will give him a reason for his life as an adult. He is worried for the turtles, birds, sharks, fish and all the animals in the ocean. He will never forget this, I can tell the way he talks about it.

No comments: