When I worked at Baptist I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful woman. She was the chaplain on my floor. She became a dear friend of mine. Then the night of September 12, 2002 when we lost Thomas, she was the chaplain on call. So she came to my bedside. I had seen her work with tons of people before and I think this might have been the only time I had seen her completely speechless. She helped us make decisions that we never dreamed we would need to make. My mom said at first she felt like she should just leave us alone. But after some time and some healing. We all realized that the chaplain and the social worker were the most helpful people at our side. When we had our tree planting ceremony, Chaplain Marie came and read some scripture and dedicated the tree in Thomas' honor. She seemed like the perfect person for this job. She was one of the few people in this world that got to see our precious son, she dressed him for us and brought him to our bedside multiple times.
When I left Baptist Hospital, I lost contact with Marie, the chaplain. The day I had Joey, who in the world walked into the room, but Marie. She had left Baptist Hospital and was now a Chaplain at Sacred Heart. This time we kept in contact. Well a few years ago, I ran into her and she was moving to Austin, TX. She was getting ready to start schooling to become an Episcopal Deacon. A few weeks ago, we got an invitation in the mail to her dedication as a Deacon. The ceremony was in Mobile. Kev and I decided to go. We got a babysitter for the boys and off we went. Marie has three more months in seminary and then she will return to the Gulf Coast some place to practice as a Deacon. I know that she will do wonderful.
The new Deacon Marie
Santa Claus and myself
When we got home all of us took a nap. Then we headed to a Pensacola Ice Flyers Hockey game. I think we will have to go again. The boys had a blast. We had to take teddy bears, because after the Ice Flyers scored the first time we were to throw teddy bears on the ice for Sacred Heart's Children Hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment