Thursday, November 19, 2009

Burger or not Burger

Everyone that knows Joey, knows that he won't touch a burger. Kevin really worries about him. Joey won't eat cheeseburgers or hamburgers. So weekly I have packed his lunch always on Thursdays, because they always have cheeseburgers or hamburgers. Today I packed his lunch, I reminded him 3 times to get his lunch. Off we go to school, I never noticed till I walked in the door that he didn't have his lunch bag. When I got home from dropping him off I noticed that his lunch was sitting on the couch, so I put it in the fridge. I decided he has to learn a little responsibility. He figured it out right away at school and his teacher calmed him down. Then when they got to literacy centers he couldn't focus, he begged her to call me for his lunch. Instead she ask the cafeteria workers to do her a favor and make him a hamburger. Guess what??? He ate a little bit of the hamburger and he liked it. He says he loved it. He also says that he will buy his lunch when they have hamburgers, but not when they have cheeseburgers.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So...if the teacher called would you have brought him his lunch?

Well at least he likes them now. Hamburgers are such a easy dinner.

Jill Ann said...

Hayden does not eat meat at all. He is 12 and probably healthier than all of us:)